Re: RMAN errors

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdinh@xxxxxxxxx, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 19:25:37 -0800 (PST)

I always go to
https://supporthtml.oracle.com/ep/faces/secur/km/AdvancedSearch.jspx?_afPfm=7
to do any search. On that page, I have all checkboxes checked except the few
about Oracle application server, community *, and a few others I know for sure
I want to ignore. Then I put in "select count(*) into :dbstate from
v$parameter" in Exact phrase and "ora-01008" in Keywords. The search returned 3
documents.

Unrelated to this specific error. Sometimes when you try to view a bug, it
tells you "The Bug ID is invalid or you do not have permission to view the bug"
because the bug is unpublished. Try the bug description document, which has the
URL form like this:
https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=BUG&id=<bugID>.8
For your convenience, you can go to
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/MOS.html
or copy that page to your local hard drive, put bug ID and click Show Bug
Description. Sometimes you'll get the bug description document even if the bug
is unpublished.

Yong Huang