RE: RMAN duplicate hangs

  • From: Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 04:10:29 -0500

If nobody with the genuine expert answer replies, here is something I have
done that worked.  Maybe not official.  But it worked.

I think it is getting ready to create a new control file.  I've had it break
at this point.  I didn't have time to set up orange cones and yellow police
tape and stand around with the boys trying to arrive at the official
diagnosis.  So I just created a new control file myself, then recovered the
database using backup controlfile until cancel.  Then, upon successful
completion of the cancel based recovery, open the database resetlogs.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Archives are at
FAQ is at