RE: RMAN duplicate database

  • From: "Robertson Lee - lerobe" <Lee.Robertson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:21:18 +0100

As Jared pointed out to me, I should have posted what the problem turned
out to be instead of just saying that I realised what was wrong - oops
!!!

Anyway, the example in my first post below was a poor one anyway.

my original filename was more of the form

/u01/oradata/DB1/DB1file01.dbf

I wanted it to end up like

/u01/oradata/DB2/DB2file01.dbf

So basically my init.ora parameter should have been as follows.

db_file_name_convert=(/u01/oradata/DB1/DB1,/u01/oradata/DB2/DB2)

Cheers and apologies Jared  :-)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Robertson Lee - lerobe
<Lee.Robertson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        OK, ignore that last email

        Just realised what I should have done. Doofus :-(