RE: RMAN convert 5TB db on Linux (Little Endian) to AIX (Big Endian) - alternatives?

  • From: David Robillard <david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:41:29 -0500

Hi Chris,

I've migrated databases from different platforms using transportable
tablespaces. According to Metalink documents 1166564.1 and 77523.1:
"Oracle transportable tablespaces are the fastest way for moving large
volumes of data between two Oracle databases".

So with this info, I'd suggest you try that route.

Check out the following document too : « 10g : Transportable
Tablespaces Across Different Platforms [ID 243304.1]    » as it seems to
apply in your case.

I've also wrote a very precise how to document to achieve exactly what
you're trying to do. So let me know if you're interested.

Regards,

David
--
David Robillard