Re: RMAN conundrum

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 17:21:40 -0700

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * How is the script able to connect without the target db user password?

I just accidentally partially answered this question:

D:\dba\bin>rman target backup_user/@b.radisys.com nocatalog

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue May 26 16:54:32
2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

target database Password:
connected to target database: B (DBID=9999999)
using target database control file instead of recovery catalog

RMAN>

I did not enter the password: I hit <CTRL-C><ENTER> at the password prompt,
and was logged in.

This appears to be acting just as if I had used this command:

    rman target /@b.radisys.com nocatalog

which logs me in as SYSDBA

I can't seem to find any documentation describing this behavior.

Both 'slaxdebug' and 'debug trace <filename>' were used as well.

Both forms of debug start their output following the logon, so they
weren't much help.

Jared Still