Re: RMAN conundrum

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

Jared,

A few thoughts... Ideas against the wall....

Compatible set the same on both databases. Doubt this is a problem, but you
never know...?
Did you try to run the individual lines of the script one at a time?
Windows patch sets the same?

RMAN has a command that will help debug parsing errors like this. Sometimes
it's useful. When starting RMAN add SLAXDEBUG to the RMAN command line like
this:

rman target=/ slaxdebug

This will show you all the parsing that is going on. This might help you find
exactly where the error is occuring.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)
http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf