RE: RMAN catalog

  • From: "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>, <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>, <dbinsight@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:24:45 -0500

As I understand it, if you are using Dataguard in any form, you must
license the standby.  Because the standby is it's own database, and can
be your "production" machine with a switch, it is treated as its' own
database and must be licensed.

Unless oracle has changed its licensing structure in the past year or
so.