RMAN backup to OCFS failed

  • From: Zhai Jingmin <zhai_jingmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 02:00:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list,
we are testing 10g RAC building on OCFS volume,backend is EMC|Dell
CX500.Database version is rpm packages used to install OCFS is:
The linux box is RHEL3 update4, kernel version  is 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp.
We found following problem:
1.The 'drop tablespace xxx including contents and datafiles;' cannot delete
physical file from OCFS volumn.The error is:
ORA-01265: Unable to delete LOG /U01/oradata/test01.dbf
ORA-27056: could not delete file
Linux Error: 16: Device or resource busy
2.RMAN cannot backup to OCFS volumn:
ORA-27061: waiting for async I/Os failed
Linux Error: 1: Operation not permitted
sometime the 'Linux Error' is device not exist.
Anyone encounter these problems?
I searched through OCFS mailing list on oss.oracle.com,but got no clue.Then I
created a TAR on Metalink,still got nothing from them.
Any suggestion is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile