RE: RMAN backup fails - unable to open file

  • From: Joel Slowik <jslowik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Taylor, Chris David'" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'GiantPanda@xxxxxxx'" <GiantPanda@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:17:58 +0000

Hm, Nothing in v$backup with a status of active. I did find one session in
v$session pertaining to RMAN and that was from my testing earlier yesterday.
This issue was occurring before that and when I killed the session and tried to
run a backup again the error still occurred.

I am trying to get more information about any other backup system in place from
the sys admin however as far as I am aware the only backup that I know the sys
admin runs is a tape backup at 8pm; that process does not have any locks on the
files I am working with at this point.

-joel