From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Michael Fontana
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 3:59 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RMAN and NFS

Ruth, thanks for your prompt reply.

Don't know what jfs2 is.  I suppose I should have defined my environment
a little better.

This is Oracle 9.2.0.4 and Solaris 2.9

My network support personnel's stance is that NFS mounts represent a
security risk.  They proclaim that setting them up enables someone who
breaks into the network to cause damage throughout the network, not just
at the point of entry.

Some of our applications do use NFS, because the vendor documentation
prescribes it.

I am looking for similar "ammunition" if you will to do the same with
Oracle and RMAN.

Michael Fontana
Sr. DBA
NTT/Verio