Re: RMAN Restore Scenario: all copies of control files are lost

  • From: Roger Xu <wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:21:39 -0600

First of all, thank you for your replies (Kumar,Martin,Jared and Hrishy).
Would the following avoid resetlogs since everything else is assumed to be
fine?

1) startup nomount;
2) create controlfile reuse ... noresetlogs ... (from backup controlfile to
trace)
3) recover database;
4) alter system archvie log all;
5) alter database open;

I am interest to see what kind of error produced on #3 since there is
nothing to be recoverd?
(I wish I have a sandbox to play with instead of bothering the list.)

TIA,

Roger