RE: RMAN Restore Archivelog Files -- Very Slow

  • From: <rama.ari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:49:39 -0500

Jared

We have tried your suggestions plus rest of the team suggestions but there is
no luck yet.
Symantec is recommending using (database format 'bk_%U_%t') for backups so that
it guarantees uniqueness in generated file names with timestamp. Without this,
there will be performance degradation as the NetBackup catalog grows. We still
have to test it.

Thanks,
Rama