Re: RMAN Recovery without Catalog

  • From: "H elp_me" <good_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:53:41 +0000

Thanks Tanel / Jared,

I had already done the test to recover using Catalog using NFS mount. Just
wanted to be sure.. what I am going to do..

I was a bit confused.. whether it stores all the information in control file
for 8i databases also or has started doing it from 9i.

I am testing on  8i... I got all the steps in my initial mail from
Documentation only.

Thanks.

Nikunj

>From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx> >Reply-To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >Subject: Re: RMAN
Recovery without Catalog >Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:46:53 +0300 >>>My doubt
here is .. how will RMAN get the files ? Where will it go and >find >>/read
the files from ? >>It will read the controlfile you copied and get the
backupset locations from >there - so it'll get the backupsets from the same
directory name where you >used to back them up. It won't log on to your
original host_A or anything, >you have to make this directory available on
your host_B as well (using NFS >for example). >>And the database files will
be restored exactly to the same directories as >they've used to be in the
source database, but you can change the locations >using SET NEWNAME command
before restoring in RMAN. >>Tanel.

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2737??PS=