Re: RMAN: RESTORE DATABASE VALIDATE question

  • From: Marko Sutic <marko.sutic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anthony.ballo@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:32:14 +0200

Hi Anthony,
I'm also running weekly backup validation but  approximately every month I
like to perform actual restore/recover.

My script for validation:

run
{
allocate channel c1 device type disk;
restore database validate check logical;
restore database validate;
restore archivelog from time 'sysdate-xxx' validate;
restore validate controlfile to '/tmp/control01.ctl';
release channel c1;
}

Regards,
Marko