Re: RMAN -Help

  • From: Byron Pearce <pearceb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:51:07 -0500

Sanjay:

If you're asking about the NB parameters, the ones that you will need to set are:

   * NB_ORA_POLICY
   * NB_ORA_SERV
   * NB_ORA_CLIENT
   * NB_ORA_SCHED

Put a line similar to the following in your RMAN scripts after the ALLOCATE, but before the BACKUP commands:

SEND 'NB_ORA_POLICY=prod-db,NB_ORA_SERV=nbusrv,NB_ORA_CLIENT=localhost,NB_ORA_SCHED=manual-full';

Obviously you will need to plug in the policy, NBU server, client, and schedule names for your environment. The Unix Admins should be able to provide you with that information.

HTH

Sanjay Mishra wrote:

Actually I had even sent an email earlier directly to
Joe and I know that was not the good method to disturb
anybody directly and so really appreciate for any
help.

Actually I had never used RMAN backup and now got the
new assignment in the company where the first task
assigned is to create the BAckup Restoration script.
They have the RMAN backup going to netbackup and
database is Oracle 8i/9i and platform is Solaris.

Can you please help me as what kind of configuration
parameter need to be defined in the restoration script
as I was reading there are some NB_***  In addition,
What software or configuration need to be done on a
new server been provided to me to restore the
production and do the test.

TIA

Sanjay

-- ==================================================================== Byron Pearce mailto:pearceb@xxxxxxxxxx Tenure Systems, Inc. Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."