Re: RMAN: Duplication and SYSDBA

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 17:09:48 +0100

Yes, absolutely. But that wouldn't explain why SYSTEM would "loose" its
SYSDBA privilege. As far as I know that can only happen when a) it gets
revoked or b) a new passwordfile gets created. (which would be the case
here, during a duplicate database).

Stefan

On 12/5/06, Powell, Mark D <mark.powell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 We do not use a password file and I can log on as a sysdba.  I believe
that anyone in the Oracle owner group, normally DBA, can do so when no
password file is used.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148