Re: RMAN CATALOG

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: denise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:59:25 -0300

Denise,
   It is a good idea to keep a catalog of RMAN backups. I've seen a lot of
set ups with shared OEM Repository and RMAN catalog, keep in mind that this
is not strictly supported as you are not supposed to touch the repository
database. However it works well and there's hardy a problem.

  There are some things to keep in mind when using a catalog, like versions
and stuff. but all in all it should be fairly easy to set up.

Cheers
Alan.-