From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rachel Carmichael
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 8:34 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: REPLICATION (816) of functions/procedure

May I make the point that having the script source in no way ensures
that you have the code as it is in the database you are copying from?

There are way too many people who make "quick fixes" without updating
source repositories. I've been known to do that myself, I freely admit.

I *always* take the source code from dba_source when I am replicating
packages/procedures/functions. This may be a case of DBA paranoia but
it takes no more time than pulling code from a source code repository
and allows me to sleep through the night after a change. There are
several good programs available (some free, some cost) that do that
easily and quickly.

Rachel