RE: RE: query slow in 9i, but not slow in 8i

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:36:10 -0600

I don't have access to the data to back this up, but I have seen PARSE
call response time move from over a minute to less than a second by
eliminating histograms from the equation. I think when I last saw this,
it was an Oracle8 system.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 3/23 Park City, 4/6 Seattle
- Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...