Re: RE: how good is oracle tech support?

  • From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:04:38 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, they have internal docs. And each other and internal mailing lists

As with most things, much of the response you get will depend on how
much initial work you've done and how good the analyst is. I would
ALWAYS run as much of the RDA stuff as you can, upload that, the alert
log, any trace files you've generated, core dumps, spell out every step
you've taken

and it doesn't hurt to make friends with someone senior in support, so
you can shortcut the process somewhat. You can also try to time the
filing of the iTar to get a particular support center. (the Australian
one has excellent techs). If you are unhappy, just keep repeating "I
want to speak to the duty manager".