Re: RE: how good is oracle tech support?

  • From: "Arghadeep Chatterjee" <dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:06:49 +0530

I had a active TAR regarding 9iAS on HP-UX.For last 4 days on Sev 1 . I was
made to answer the same question iver and over again and finally they sent
me a Patch which was reqd for the ionstallation to succed whereas  on
metalink itself it was very clearly mentioned that this error is due to some
missing links which HP fails to do and has to be manually done.I sent the
doc id to support but they said I dont need to do that applying the patch
would do.But the joke is even after applying the patch the problem remained
and doing what they said will not solve the problem actually solved it.Now I
guess how good is the support is anybody's guess saying this I have come
across people who are really good too.
Deep