RE: RE: how good is oracle tech support?

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:43:38 -0400

Jared,

        I won't comment on Language, but OTS has been relatively very good in =
my experience.  Some problems take way too long to get resolved and some =
of those never do get there.  I personally believe they place way too =
much dependency on your being on the latest & greatest version, =
especially when they know the third party vendor your dealing with =
doesn't support the latest release.  As for internal stuff, Steve is =
above all the guru of the internals.  Read his books, disagree with him =
on some points, but then I disagree with OTS on what's happening inside =
sometimes as well.  Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.  It's all in a =
days work.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA