Re: RE: Useful Oracle books

  • From: <ryan.gaffuri@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:52:39 -0400

I tested the 'where current of' statement extensively last year and it was
always took me about twice as long to do an update(particularly a batch update)
than with straight sql. Can someone show me a repeatable case where you want to
use pl/sql over sql? It's all over asktom that you should use sql if at all
possible.

Until I Actually see some repeatable cases, in my opinion pl/sql is always
slower than sql.

Also, I like Tom Kyte's second book, but if you are going to choose one of them
to buy, you have to get the first one. Compared to his first one, the second
one was ok. Compared to most other authors its very good. I guess I worded it
poorly.