From: Bertrand Guillaumin <bertrand.guillaumin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE : RE : ok for the last 18 yrs in using oracle I must have been
asleep, "implied database link"
To: "Kellyn Pedersen" <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, "robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx"
<robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, February 19, 2010, 12:01 AM

Hi,
Do you use any kind of LDAP for your name resolution(OID or something else) ?

Best regards,
Bertrand Guillaumin
De : Kellyn Pedersen [kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx]
Date d'envoi : vendredi 19 février 2010 02:47
À : robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx; TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Bertrand Guillaumin
asleep, "implied database link"

I tested it, finding it impossible to believe and was shocked to discover it
works, just as described, in 10.2.0.4...

SQL> connect system@marta<mailto:system@marta>
Enter password: ***************
Connected.
SQL> select count(*) from dba_tables@martc<mailto:dba_tables@martc>