RE: RE: (NEW) very interesting thing about migrate db from different OS(oracle 9.2.0.4,not 10G)

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:26:20 +0100

in 10g, Oracle data files are made "platform aware" -- that is, the file
headers store detailed platform information. the new v$transportable_platform
view will show you the full list of supported platforms.
so in 9i this is unsupported; you need 10g. if certain "tricks" work, you are
on your own.

Lex.

Tom Kyte Seminar: http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html