RE: (RE): Calculating LIOs

  • From: ryan.gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:18:29 +0000

How do you tell what the HWM is of  indexes? I did not see a blocks column in
DBA_INDEXES?
Also, I would assume that an 'index full scan' also reads up to the HWM. I have
not been able to figure out what the difference between an 'index fast full
scan' and an 'index full scan'. I thought it was that a fast full scan read at
your multiblock read count and a full scan read 1 block at a time. However,
some people on here said that a full scan can read at your multiblock
read(however, I have never been able to get this to happen with several tests)?