Re: RE: 11g RedHat 5 and Hugepages

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:24:07 +0100

Sheesh. You normally can get between 10 and 50 connections per pooled
connection - so you seem to be looking in the order of several million
concurrent connections across the cluster?

On 13 Oct 2010 16:13, "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 In my case, I am looking at a connection count of at least 5000, with an
SGA of 70gb or higher, on each node of a 6 node cluster, with each node
having 48 cpu’s.  We have run into issues with MTS and will be using
dedicated connections on the DB side but the numerous app servers have
connection pooling.  The database size will be about 6 TB to start.
Preliminary testing on a small system already showed a performance gain when
using hugepages, but the test was on SUSE Linux while we are using RedHat 5,
so its not a 100% accurate comparision.

This 6 node cluster will replicate to an identical cluster with DataGuard.