Re: RDBMS vs database

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:48:50 +0800

"Enterprise Server" is an *edition* of the RDBMS server -- just as "Standard Edition" is an edition of the RDBMS Server. RDBMS Serverr patches are the same for all editions. The patch installer identifies the edition that has been installed and patches it accordingly.

So, you need to install RDBMS Server patches --- which patches you choose to install is your decision.

At 10:33 PM Tuesday, Storey, Robert \(DCSO\) wrote:

I'm installing and patching up a 10.2 database, 32bit on Windows 2008. I've installed, applied patch 8202632 to take it to

Now, I'm trying to verify what patches are out there for I did a search of on MOS for Database and found only one bundle, #1099855. I shot a quick SR to Oracle ( to confirm the patch could be applied in a non-AMD environ) and they said it was the correct patch. AND, once I got it to, here are 8 other patches.

I looked at those patches and most have to do with RDBMS Server or Warehouse Builder.

So, what is the difference in RDBS Server and Enterprise Server for the DB?

I'm thinking since I'm only installing Enterprise server, then my patch search should just concentrate on the database software, and nothing else?

Hemant K Chitale