Re: RBO and Rebuild Index !!! sorry We still use RBO !!!!

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:20:03 -0500

On 11/1/06, Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Guessing a little here, but it sounds like a FIFO
problem.  Big delete, insertion of newer data,
a thin scattering of old data left behind.

If so, the cleanest fix is a coalesce after the
delete has committed.  It keeps the index
size down, allows the maximum amount
of space to be reclaimed, reduces the risk
of node split failure with associated TX
waits and redo generation.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com