RBO and Rebuild Index !!! sorry We still use RBO !!!!

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_L_list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:52:15 -0500

Greetings,

Yes, one of the APP still uses RBO,  we are pushing the Vender to test the
app in CBO.

The DB is:

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
CORE    9.2.0.3.0       Production
TNS for HPUX: Version 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

Certain queries slow down until we rebuild the Indexes, Most of these indexes are 1,2 or 3 column indexes.

Identifed a few indexes that grow as big as Table (Blocks, and Size from
user_segments), we rebuild them and the query is back to normal.

Please note all these tables and indexes are on LMTS
SEGMENT_SPACE_MANAGEMENT=MANAUL

Most of the SQL is using sequential Reads. Disk responce time is < 20 milli
secs for all the datafiles.

Storage people have cleared the storage.

I have asked the DEV Team to send me the sql, so that I can do a TKPROF to
get more details.

I want to track  DML (alter table monitoring)  , is this doable for RBO

Is there any thing else I can look into?
--
Regards & Thanks
BN