RE: RAC waitevent: gc freelist on one node

  • From: "Bort, Guillermo" <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ajayoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:08:14 -0500

Not sure if it fits the case, but it's  worth taking a look at. From the
RAC FAQ:

What do I do if I see GC CR BLOCK LOST in my top 5 Timed Events in my
AWR Report?

You should never see this or BLOCK RETRY events. This is most likely due
to a fault in your interconnect network. Work with your system
administrator or/and network administrator to find the fault. Check
netstat -s

Ip:

84884742 total packets received

1201 fragments dropped after timeout

3384 packet reassembles failed

You do not want to see fragments dropped or packet reassemblies failed.

ifconfig -a:

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0B:DB:4B:A2:04

inet addr:130.35.25.110 Bcast:130.35.27.255 Mask:255.255.252.0

RX packets:21721236 errors:135 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:95

You do not want to see high number of errors.

Guillermo Alan Bort

DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company