RE: RAC service with Websphere

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:38:42 +0100

Hi,

In the websphere installation I manage, I had to define services that where
bound to one specific rac node (with failover to the other node) because the
websphere datasources where defined as XA datasources.
With XA all subtransactions must be send to the same rac node.
Also I had to enable DTP for these sessions by using the dbms_service package.

In the configuration we have, there are 2 websphere servers, so I asked the
websphere administrator to configure the nodes to have each their dedicated
oracle rac node.

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime