Re: RAC problem, is gc_files_to_locks is needed?

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:14:01 +0100

Could you confirm what you mean by:
    "activated only one node".

a)    You didn't start the second instance, and
        leave it to the cluster manager to fail over
        the package and start the second instance
        if the first instance fails

b)    You changed the tnsnames.ora so that
        all connections went to the first instance,
        and did nothing else
            (load_balance = off)
            (failover = on)

c)    You restarted both instances after setting
        the 'active_instance_count' to 1, so that
        RAC would start up in a proper
        primary/secondary state - with the entire
        global resource directory held on the
        primary node ?  (And adjusted tnsnames.ora
        accordingly).

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th

---- from the  mail-----