RAC on Windows or Linux

  • From: "Arnon, Yuval" <Yuval.Arnon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:23:24 -0400

Hi,

We are planning to move our production from Windows 32bit (2003)
Oracle9i (9.2.0.7) and Oracle Fail Safe to RAC. One major decision we
need to make is do we stay on Windows environment or move to Linux. Our
plan is also to migrate to 10gr2.
One company we consult with recommended that we move to Linux as the
support and user base of Windows RAC is very small.

I would like to get some feedback from those who have gone through a
similar path, (but any feedback from RAC uses will be welcome) as to
pros and cons of either. (WIN or LINUX)

TIA

Yuval.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including
any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you received this
transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the
material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.