Re: RAC on VMWARE

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:49:21 -0400

No errors during OCR initialization before that?
What does "ocrcheck" show?

On 5/4/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trying to install RAC on VMWARE (Win host, 2 RH Ent
Linux as the guest OS that will run RAC).

I've got both Linux servers up, networked, etc.
Created the raw OCR and Voting disks to be shared.

Started the clusterware install, all goes grant.

It prompts me to run root.sh. I do. Root.sh pauses at
the following:

Startup will be queued to init within 30 seconds.

after some digging I find the following error in a log
file:

Oracle Cluster Registry initialization failed with
invalid format: PROC-22: The OCR backend has an
invalid format.

And it just sits.... and sits.... and sits....

hellllo...

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Oracle Replication (Rampant Tech Press)
Mastering Oracle8i (Sybex)
Oracle8 to 8i Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)
Oracle 7.3 to 8 Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com