RE: RAC newbie question

  • From: Yavor Ivanov <Yavor_Ivanov@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx" <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:26:20 +0300

        Usualy I would go with single 9-node cluster too. Same reasons. But
there are some more things to consider here.

        Think about cluster upgrades. If you have one cluster to upgrade, this
sounds like single downtime window. But what if one database needs a newer
version (and newer clusterware), and the other cannot afford downtime at that
moment? This is something rare, but it's not bad to think of it.

        Also, some influences may come from your backup / DR strategy. But this
goes too deep, and gives too little value.

        But as I've said, I'd usually go to 9-node with every app running on
different nodes.

Regards,
Yavor Ivanov
Oracle Certified Master