RE: RAC newbie question

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:26:25 -0400

Tom,

Are these three production databases?
Any development or staging to worry about?
Does any individual database have a higher profile than the others?
Does it need to be alone for political/business reasons?
Do any of these databases hold a warehouse? Are any a reporting only
database?

The above in my mind are reasons to separate things a little bit.  Being
asked these questions now seems like putting the cart before the horse.
A plan should have been developed before the arrival of the equipment!
LOL!!

If your answer's to the above is that all things being equal, all three
databases are equal to each other, then I would make one big cluster I
think.  You could then build it slowly - add one cluster at a time - and
learn as you do.

Just my 2 cents.  I'm sure someone is going to violently disagree with
me.

Hope this helps.

Tom