Re: RAC in NAS

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:01:12 -0600

Mogens Nørrgaard wrote:

I remember Tim Gorman's mail footer in the 90's while he (and I) were
still in Oracle: "Building tomorrow's legacy systems. One crises at a time."

While I would dearly love to lay claim to that pearl of wisdom, I have to set the record straight on this -- it was Gary Dodge's email footer, which still to this day reads: "Building tomorrow's legacy systems today -- one crisis at a time". It hasn't lost any veracity or resonance over the years.

Another memorable email footer, from another gentleman named Gene Fosnight (since happily retired): "Look, listen, and learn -- for an original mistake is as rare as an original idea".