Re: RAC in NAS

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:24:05 +1000

Mark Brinsmead wrote,on my timestamp of 28/07/2006 1:39 PM:

(Almost) just for chuckles, I opened an SR with Oracle support, asking questions like "how can
I test whether my DB is doing Asynch I/O on Linux?" and "knowing that Asynch I/O is unsupported,
what are the risks of doing so anyway?". After almost two weeks, the questions are unanswered,
even though I was able to answer them myself with less than an hour of surfing Metalink and Google.

yes, there is a note in metaclick explaining how to check. But it's not complete, neither is werner's site: you check for those counters in /proc/slabinfo being non-zero *AND* changing in value when you startup Oracle! There might be *other* software around already using aio and just having them as non-zero is not enough to say Oracle is using it.

DAMHIKT...

-- Cheers Nuno Souto in (finally) sunny Sydney, Australia dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l