RE: RAC in NAS

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:30:57 -0700

>>>     I had a call from a custumer, who bought 2 IBM servers
>>>with x64 (4 Xeon64 CPUs per node) architectures and NAS,
>>>seeking for RAC solution on Windows. Unfortunately, they did
>>>not ask anyone before bying the hardware and now they have
>>>this so expensive hardware which is not supported for RAC on
>>>Windows. Oracle RAC supports only SAN on Windows. So sad.

This is weird on many levels. IBM's NAS is a resold NetApp. Should
be able to do the trick. NetApp does the multiprotocol really well
...so pick, FC or iSCSI...

and, I don't see any expensive hardware here. This is for RAC, so
there will likely be more money tied up on RAC licensing on than on
the hardware since there are 8 CPUs total.