RAC in NAS

  • From: "Yavor Ivanov" <Yavor_Ivanov@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:09:10 +0300

        Hello, fellow DBAs.

        I had a call from a custumer, who bought 2 IBM servers with x64 (4
Xeon64 CPUs per node) architectures and NAS, seeking for RAC solution on
Windows. Unfortunately, they did not ask anyone before bying the hardware and
now they have this so expensive hardware which is not supported for RAC on
Windows. Oracle RAC supports only SAN on Windows. So sad.
        So I was wondering, if anyone of you tried running RAC on Linux with
NAS? Is it running, and is it supported? Unfortunltely I could not find hard
statement is it working solution (and for Windows it is written that it does
NOT work:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/certify/tech_generic_window.html
 ).

Regards,