Re: RAC h/w basic costs

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:46:03 +0100

I'd second that, and add that if production is to be more than 2 nodes so
should test. 2 nodes is a special/simple case for most clusters and
distributed apps.

Niall Litchfield

On Jul 19, 2010 2:39 PM, "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 I would add one very strong recommendation -

It might make the numbers less attractive, but if you're considering a move
to RAC then you absolutely should plan for a minimum of two cluster
databases - one for testing/development and one for production.  It's a
really bad idea to plan on testing only with non-RAC systems.  Make sure to
include that in your hardware planning.  Also consider licensing.

-Jeremy

Andrew Kerber wrote: > > Dont forget about redundant storage connections on
each server. > > > > ...

-- http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249

Jeremy Schneider