Re: RAC failover and JDBC string

  • From: "Roman Podshivalov" <roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dan Norris" <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:41:13 -0400

To refresh my memory, I did some research too. Starting from 10.2 thin JDBC
driver could utilize FAN events and perform Fast Connection Failover
according to the documentation:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/rac.111/b28254/hafeats.htm#BABFCFHA
It's not TAF, and reading sessions will be disconnected, but other features
look very similar, especially for app server/connection pool/JDBC type
of setups . I personally never tested or tried this feature. Any early
adopters ?

thanks
--romas