Re: RAC Vs Standby Database between Primary and Secondary Data Centers

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:14:13 -0800 (PST)

I don't follow--maybe you read into what I wrote. When I said "...can tolerate
a failure of a single component without affecting application availability..."
I meant *any* component, including storage. Not just a disk, an array too. Oh
yeah, I love lots of hardware :). I once heard someone say that you either way
money or availability, but you don't get to have both.

Please correct me if I misinterpreted your comment.

Dan