RAC OCR/Voting Size

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am working in one environemtn where SAN people say that they can;t give
anything less than 75G for any LUN as it is already allocated. I need to create
three Node RAC and I am only looking five 1G Luns but based on this size it is
told that I have to use 75G LUN.  So question is beside 100's of Gig space
wastage, what are the other implication Like in starting/Stopping CRS or so. I
need to provide more concrete reason to the business  so that RAC is not
affected. If this is fine, then we can go with the same

TIA
Sanjay