From: Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 5:04:15 PM
Subject: Re: RAC Configuration - Websphere Configuration

Sanjay,

LOAD_BALANCE has only effect on how client chooses an address from the list you
provided in your connection string.
In your case it makes no difference as there is only one IP.

Now, depending on configuration of the server side connection load balancing
and whether you have remote listener registration, session might still go to
any of the instances providing this service.

Can you provide the output of "lsnrctl service {listener_name}" ?

Alex

On 1-Apr-08, at 3:48 PM, Sanjay Mishra wrote:

Hi

I had 5 node RAC and it is configured with pspsrv service which is Preferred
for all Nodes

If I am specifying only 1 node in the Websphere configuration but Load balance
is on, and service_name is preferred for all nodes as show below : Question is
that Is the following setting will go to only one Node like psvr1-vip server or
it will go to any of the 5 node as LOAD_BALANCE is on and Service is preferred
for all nodes

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(FAILOVER=on)(LOAD_BALANCE=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=psvr1-vip)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=pspsrv)))

If I change the LOAD_BALANCE=OFF
What will be the effect of the change. Is it goes now to only psvr1-vip or is
that goes to all nodes

TIA
Sanjay

Access, No Cost.