Re: RAC

  • From: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:34:18 -0500

I believe oratab has the dbname , not the instance name, except for ASM,
where dbca puts in the instance name. I'm not sure oraenv is 'rac-aware'.
When it comes to starting and stopping clusterware resources, you should
probably be using srvctl anyway. (I have modified my oracle environment
scripts to read the dbname from oratab, and then query the clusterware to
see if is running an instance on that node and then set the
environment/ORACLE_SID accordingly).

I'd say for the most part the oratab is ignored other than by DBCA and
dbshut/start. Again, the clusterware ignores that file as far as I can tell
and uses the OCR.

Bradd