Re: Quota on TEMP

  • From: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:58:37 +0100

so what if the user who is using all the temp gets their query stopped, you
are doing the same thing by wanting to limit their resources.

You could change your on call if the 1652 was for this temp tablespace

Dont let the tempfiles expand was his point

On 20/09/06, Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

By creating a separate Temp, how will that stop the ORA-1652, for a run-away query? The difference is that with ORA-1652, our on-call gets called, and if we had a quota, then the User would get a message (quota exceeded). The intention is to avoid the 1st one.

What did you mean by limit the sizes of Tempfiles?