Re: Quickest Way To Recreate a Database

Can you explain what this ghost data is and why it is that you have ended up
with sensitive data in system?
In theory you should be able to just move all objects to a new TS and drop
the old one together with the datafiles. You would not be able to remove the
system data files, but that tablespace should only have data dictionary and
not actual data that may be sensitive.

How do you plan on removing the sensitive data? Even a delete on the files
leaves the data on the disks and available to be recreated.

As for a fast way to recreate a two node rac, I'll leave that for the rac
experts. I'd be surprised if this is very common...

Mathias