RE: Quick (?) UNIX Question

  • From: "Khedr, Waleed" <Waleed.Khedr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:29:37 -0400

A nice wish :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Gogala [mailto:mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 3:21 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Quick (?) UNIX Question

Michael, I hope that the advice you followed was the one with the "find" =

command. It really does work. On the other hand, if your sysadmin =
followed=20
the "rm -rf" advice, then you're lucky to have got rid of him in such
an easy way. My reply was directed to a guy who would have you respond
to prompt by "rm". I know you as a knowledgeable member of this list and
I know that you're not going to destroy the system ("rm -rf /") just=20
because some internet prankster told you so. You are much smarter then =
that.

On 04/16/2004 03:01:34 PM, "Vergara, Michael (TEM)" wrote:
> Well, since it's Friday and I'm not supposed to be here,
> and I have been so impressed with Mladen's suggestions, I
> followed his advice.  Funny thing, though.  The system
> ran into trouble, so I've passed it over to the UNIX SA's.
> I sure do wish they'd keep these systems running.  How can I
> ever hope to get anything done?
>=20

--=20
Mladen Gogala